In order to join SerbianCafe chat rooms using mIRC you have to install the mIRC program first.
We strongly suggest you download the software from the official server located at http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html.
WE DISCOURAGE you to install any untested mIRC scripts as they can carry viruses and trojans.
After the installation is complete, you need to set up the parameters which will configure your mIRC program to join SerbianCafe.com servers.
1. In the toolbar menu click on File.
2. Click Connect and a pop-up will show.
3. Click Servers. You will notice a large number of predefined networks and servers which you can delete if you choose not to chat on other networks.
4. When you click an Add button you will be prompted to fill up 4 fields.
a.) Description - your descriptions, e.g. SERBIANCAFE-1
b.) IRC SERVER - type irc.serbiancafe.com
c.) PORT(S) - type 6667
d.) GROUPS - type SERBIANCAFE (this is an optional field)
You may add other servers on the SerbianCafe.co network. They are: kanada.irc.serbiancafe.com, amerika.irc.serbiancafe.com, evropa.irc.serbiancafe.com.
5. When you click OK you'll return to the main form.
- FULL NAME, (don't enter your real name)
- E-MAIL, (don't enter your e-mail unless you want people and spammers to contact you)
- NICKNAME (this is your alias, your name on the chat)
- ALTERNATIVE (this is your alternative name, in case the first one is already taken)
6. Next step is establishing a connection with the server. Click CONNECT TO THE IRC SERVER and wait for connection to be established.
7. After the greeting displays in the status window a pop-up will show CHANNELS.You may delete all of them and enter SerbianCafe.com chat rooms. Click DELETE, and then add them one by one by clicking ADD. Upon clicking on this button a pop-up window will allow you to enter channel names in the CHANNEL field. That's where you enter the names of our chat rooms, one by one. Namely, #serbiancafe, #25+, #beograd, #politika, #serbianteen, #toronto and others you wish to visit.
8. Select a name of a channel from the list and click JOIN and your adventure will start.
9. Last but not least, do not forget that this is just a chat!
How do I become an operator (IRCop)?
You can become an IRC Operator by hanging out in server channels and being friendly to the other chatters and ops as well. You need to be polite and willing to help in a lot of channels, especially the official ones like #serbiancafe, #serbianteen and #25+. Once you get to know how things work and you get familiarized with other ops three operators must recommend you to become an op.
What is your code of behaviour (netiquette)?
In short, be nice! If you don't know how to behave, imagine you're in a new crowd and you're trying to leave a good impression. If you're rude, pushy and weird you won't impress anyone. Relax and have fun! Don't disclose any private information, be it yours or someone else's. If you're still unsure check our detailed code of behaviour (netiquette).